Headquartered in San Francisco, LifeStreet is hiring talented, passionate individuals interested in joining a fast-paced, innovative, fun-loving, and high-energy environment. Join us in transforming the multi-billion dollar digital advertising industry.
- Design, development and optimization of software systems related to the functionality of Lifestreet RTB, SSP, and DSP products. Architectural solutions for high volume storage systems, and high-throughput systems. Understand and use correct 3rd party commercial and open source products as key components for delivery.
- Master of Science degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering, or a closely related field. At least two years of experience in the job offered, or at least two years of experience in web application development, and in building large-scale, distributed, high-volume systems using both C++ and Java and two out of three systems (Linux, OR Solaris, OR Windows).
- Work on design, development and optimization of software systems related to the functionality of Lifestreet RTB, SSP, and DSP products. Manage new product development projects and oversee the creation of custom designed software products. Set, control and maintain design standards and operating procedures, and liaise with Sales, Marketing, and Operations on developing product requirements and launching new products. Utilize technical knowledge of heterogeneous environments (Linux/Unix), understanding of parallel computing principles, caching, queuing, RPC, distributed data storage, and design patterns to select proper architectural solutions for high volume storage systems, and high-throughput systems. Implement understanding of the major competitors and trends to utilize correct 3rd party commercial and open source products as key components for delivery. Utilize knowledge of best industry practices, test methodologies and release practices to ensure adequate testing and support of the product. Responsible for overall strategic direction and leadership of a staff of engineers (design, test and engineering service) and other personnel who are responsible for providing software engineering expertise, guidance and technical assistance to the product development process. Combine technical expertise with time and personnel management skills in order to deliver our high end products to customers in a cost effective and quality controlled manner.
- At least three years of experience in project management and in web applications development building large-scale distributed high volume systems using both C++ and Java and any Linux based operating systems.
IT Support Administrator
- Provide all aspects of desktop support to our Bay Area offices. You will work on site in our San Carlos office. You may travel occasionally to our downtown San Francisco office.
- We also have offices in New York City, Canada, and Europe -- and you may occasionally need to consult on their IT setup. While you will always be able to call for help on our ops team, you will have the primary responsibility to assuring the excellence of the in-office infrastructure.
- Provide full desktop support (Mac and Windows) to all business users (Office, VPN, Anti-Virus, Email, etc)
- Investigate user problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions.
- Configure, maintain, update, and troubleshoot a mix of Windows and Mac OS X workstations.
- Provide telephony (analog and voice over IP) configuration and support, including trouble shooting wireless and mobile devices.
- Maintain local networking (Linux, Samba, LDAP, IPSEC), switches, access points, wireless routers and printers.
- Analyze, evaluate and recommend technology solutions to meet business needs.
- Research new products or procedures/best practices towards improvement of productivity.
- Evaluate and execute purchases of computers, network hardware, peripheral equipment, and software.
- Manage existing 3rd party vendors and orders (AT&T, Data Providers, Data Center Providers, etc). As well as interface with accounting to provide cost transparency.
- Interface with ops team to maintain DHCP, DNS and world-wide-networking.
- Relevant IT and desktop support experience.
- Excellent multitasking ability who can work independently with a sense of sound judgement and strong work ethic.
- Ability to communicate with business users and manage expectations with positive attitude.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications and to train and communicate technical information to business-users.
- Good knowledge of Windows, networking, Linux/Unix (with Mac OS a plus) and telecommunications infrastructure, including wireless and VoIP.